Thursday, September 6, 2012

Why College?

Making the decision to go to College is probably one of the best decisions anyone could make. To me, College has never really been a question. I never really asked myself "if" I was going to college, but where I wanted to go.
When I was younger, I loved animals so I always wanted to be a Veterinarian. And to do so, I knew that I would have to go to college. As I grew older, my love for animals never changed, but I decided that I would also like to help people as well. That is why I am choosing to major in Physical Therapy. My whole life I've always been involved in sports, and been around sports medicine. Also, there are so many job opportunities working with physical therapy. 
There are many reasons why I chose to attend College. For starters, I have always lived in Jacksonville, so I have always been in a college environment. I used to consider going away to college so I could be on my own, but then I realized it would be much simpler to stay home for school. I love the fact that I've grown up in Jacksonville, so I know where everything is. For now I live at home, considering I only live about four blocks away, but I will probably get out on my own starting next semester.
Also, with the way that the economy is nowadays, it is so difficult to get a job without any type of degree. Without a degree, I feel that you wouldn't be able to make as much money in a job as someone who does have a degree. My sister never chose to go to college, and I do love her, but I don't want to turn out like she did. I want to make sure that I have money to back me up. My brother didn't go to college either, but he chose to join the military. I know that some choose to not attend, and that's okay, but I feel that if you want to get anywhere in life, college is the first step.
College is also a great way to get to know people. Through high school, you were always involved with the same people every day, but in college it's like you meet new people every single day. There are so many clubs and organizations that you can choose to get involved with, so no matter what you do there's something for you.

2 comments:

  1. Mallory, I really enjoyed reading your post. I think you put a lot of thought into the subject. I can really relate to some of the things you said. Best wishes to you and your college career!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mallory I was the same way. I always knew that I was going to college it was just according to where. Since I started high school I knew what I wanted to do for the rest of my life. I am a computer science major.

    ReplyDelete